Finer Wine Kit Syrah Forte

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I felt more like a winemaker today than ever before! My FWK arrived and my afternoon was spent with the Forte using skins & seeds. I've never used either of these, so this was a cool experience. The Forte seemed thicker than the Tavola . I'll start the Tavola next weekend.

I'll pitch the yeast in the morning and more fun begins!

I felt more like a winemaker today than ever before! My FWK arrived and my afternoon was spent with the Forte using skins & seeds. I've never used either of these, so this was a cool experience. The Forte seemed thicker than the Tavola . I'll start the Tavola next weekend.

I'll pitch the yeast in the morning and more fun begins!
My feeling exactly. The Syrah forte was way thicker than any thing I ever tried before! I have the Tavola also but I have to wait for a couple of weeks for my fermenting bucket!

A separate muslin bag or combined with the skins. Just curious.
I put one pack of skins and seeds in one, and the the other pack of skins and oak chips in the other. Punch down 2–3 times a day. End up with just particulate and dead yeast at the bottom when it’s finished.

I really don’t care for real tannic dry red wine. I'm wondering if the FWK Syrah Forte without skins would be a better option for me? I am going to start this kit tomorrow and was curious how it might turn out with out the skin packs?
I made the pre-Tavola Barbera and the Tavola Pinot Noir without skin packs, and am very pleased with both. While I generally drink full bodied reds, I find value in lower bodied wines, e.g., my PN is perfect with roast turkey and for folks that don't like heavy duty reds. Or when I just want a fruity red to drink.

If you don't like heavy reds, make what you want. 30+ years ago I was in the bar of a restaurant that had a great, rotating red selection. I hung out there more often than was probably good for me, but it was fun. One night a few friends and I were discussing a new red and an older couple (funny to think about it, as they were a bit younger than I am now) sheepishly asked, "We don't like red wine. What should we drink with a steak?"

My immediate answer floored them. "White wine."

"But you just said ..."

My response was that there are many very good reasons for drinking a red wine with steak, but if they don't like reds, they should drink what they like.

Even after 30 years of winemaking I learned a new tip.
👍

Back