Summer Wine making/Fruit Flies. and Free Fruit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A six hour catch

Seeing is believing. Wine with a drop of liquid dish soap in cereal bowl. Photo 6 hours later.

fruit.flies.jpg

^ exactly this! I really can't imagine a better solution that the free one that works.

I have 4 wines in their primaries and 3 in carboys in my dining room and the fruit flies are crazy. I have glasses with wine vinegar, wine , wine must and apple cider ( in separate glasses) all coned with a plastic sandwich bag with corner cut off. They all catch numerous flies but not enough. I'll add the soap bowls as well, and am turning on fan. If that doesn't work I'm resorting to FABulousWines idea!

Buy a venus fly trap, then water it with redbull. Should do the trick lol. I find fly paper hanging in the basement takes care of most of them. Upstairs however I use grape juice and water in a bowl. Interesting that you guys use wine since I would have thought the presence of alcohol would deter them. Good to know tho.

Latest posts

Back