Strawberry

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I added a little more nutrient and energizer At about 3:45 and I just rechecked it and it looks like that did the trick. I initially only added half the nutrients and energizer with the intentions of step feeding. So by having all the recommended being in there now should I skip feeding it at about 1.040?

Not saying it is right or wrong, but personally I would add more down the line. Maybe another quarter the amount or so. Also, add a big dose of patience. LOL, Arne.

Before I could even think about giving it another dose it shot out of the gate and was dry, so I racked it to secondary and gave it a dose of k-meta. Because I didn't bag the strawberries it was quite the messy task. As a result, I have a couple inches of lee's forming in a 6 gallon and a 5 gallon carboy. I am thinking about racking it again over the weekend or early next week.? I guess I should have had a big dose of patience back when, the thought of Strawberries spoiling before fermenting got the best of me.

Angelina, I pulled a batch of all strawberries from the primary to secondary (all loose fruit also) just about a month ago. I also had 2" or so of sediment within a few days. I racked again one week later and since then have only accumulated about another 1/4" approx. Those main solids seem to fall pretty quickly so I like your idea of another quick racking. Is it also getting a lot lighter, maybe Oranger in color?

Mike

Angelina, I pulled a batch of all strawberries from the primary to secondary (all loose fruit also) just about a month ago. I also had 2" or so of sediment within a few days. I racked again one week later and since then have only accumulated about another 1/4" approx. Those main solids seem to fall pretty quickly so I like your idea of another quick racking. Is it also getting a lot lighter, maybe Oranger in color?

Mike

Good to know my thought process is on track.

Latest posts

Back