Strawberry wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Norske

Forum Member
Reaction score
We have been making strawberry wine for some time now and would like to hear from others on what yeasts and tannins they use.

Norske said:
We have been making strawberry wine for some time now and would like to hear from others on what yeasts and tannins they use.

Last two batches of strawberry wine, I used 4 lbs per gallon of strawberries and 1 tsp of powdered grape tannin powder (for a 3 gallon batch).

The wine came out fine, but I think I'll use 6 lbs per gallon next time for more body and back sweeten with strawberry juice.

I'll check my notes to see which yeast I used.

Care to share your recipe?

Welcome aboard!!!

I use 6#'s per gallon of fruit - then I add an f-pac later on.

I do not add any additional tannins. I used the Lalvin 71B-1122 - this yeast metabolizes harsh malic acid that might be present.

I also blend mine with a little peach wine..

I just started a batch today.

40 lbs of strawberries,( frozen kind from walmart)

1 gal water ( in pot, heated to thaw strawberries)

4 tbl petic enzyme

8 tsp acid blend

2 tsp tannin

10 lbs sugar

After heating the strawberries in water till thawed, I placed them in the fermentation bucket, sprinkled a tbl of petic enzyme and put lid on.

Took a while to get them all thawed but once they were I added everything else to fermentation bucket, added yeast and lid.

My sg is a little higher than I wanted but it will turn out just fine in the end.

Back