Strawberry wine question

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoastalEmpireWine

Reaction score
Yesterday before I went to sleep my wine was bubbling about once every 2 seconds. Now this morning it's only bubbling every 6 seconds. I racked it into the Carboy yesterday, and my wine yesterday was at 1.004. Is this normal?

Yes - as fermentation comes to an end there will be less CO2 produced. Less CO2 produced will result in less CO2 going through the airlock..

Yeah - but when it is all said and done - it will end up being close to a week. Which is within normal range if not doing a cold stabilization...

Event though it is 4 days into it and it is slowing down - it is not done yet.

When your SG reading is below 1.000 and the same for three days - this is considered a complete fermenation...

I just checked my sg and right now I'm sitting at 1.000, I cooled them down a little bit, yesterday I was at 1.004

You were right though, strawberry drops a lot of sediment, it's only been in the Carboy a day and has dropped a good deal of sediment. But it smells better every day

image-1751062120.jpg

That's a lot of sediment in one day, I can tell its going to drop a lot more. I can tell by the color, the top half is a darker red color and about half way down is a lighter pink color

When I made strawberry wine earlier this year it dropped the most sediment I have ever seen. It was A LOT.

Latest posts

Back