Strawberry, peach, pineapple and mango fruit pack at Walmart

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geek

Still lost.....
Reaction score
Has anyone tried skeeter pee with this bag from Walmart, it has those fruits (frozen) and the combination intrigues me.

It may only have 3 fruits so not very sure about the mango, but that would be a good fruit anyways.

Anyone? If so, any feedback on fermentation, flavors, etc. etc.?

I recently bought six pounds of this same mix, looking to start it on Saturday.

Look under recipes for Dragons Blood. Im starting mine this weekend.

Yes, Varis, I make that one regularly. It is very good! I usually make mine without the lemon juice, instead, adding a bit of acid blend for balance. My wife loves it!

Thanks Dave et all.

BTW - compared to the triple berry, how good is it?

Like I said, Varis, my wife likes it a lot. If DB was a 10, then I'd rate the tropical a good 8. Another nice, light, easy drinker, summer refresher. Great chilled! Make sure you add some bananas for extra body. I've got one ready to bottle. The bananas made a definate difference. Dice up like six medium bananas and throw them in the bag with the other fruit. Squeeze as usual.

Good luck!

I am trying this next! Should I freeze the bananas and let them turn black then cut them up skin and all and add to the bag?

Hmm, I have about three gallons of Santa Cruz Mango Lemonade on hand (glass quart jars marked down to a quarter!). I bet that would make a nice base for the tropical fruit blend, and the bananas. Going on my 'to make' list!! Just in time for Memorial Day.

I am trying this next! Should I freeze the bananas and let them turn black then cut them up skin and all and add to the bag?

I wouldn't. I wouldn't want to freeze bananas to then un-freeze them or thaw them back to then squeeze.

I use banana in many of my fruit wines. As they turn brown, I slice them up in a ziplock bag until I need them. I add them frozen with my fruit which has also been frozen first. Never had a problem and I have made over a100 gallons of many different kinds of fruit wines.

I added some fresh orange juice and orange zest to my batch. It's only 3 weeks old and not quite done clearing yet so no reports on how it will taste. I used bananas in my recipe too!!
For some reason this was the first batch that I have had any trouble getting fermentation to start. I re-hydrated my yeast, pitched it just like every other batch I have made and ....... nothing..... 24hrs later..... nothing. Checked the temp... it was good....stirred it up real good and waited another 12 hrs..... nothing. I re-checked all the usuals (temp, Ph, acid etc) and decided to let it go another 12 hrs before doing anything more to it. After waiting the 12 hrs I pulled the towel back to find it happily fermenting away. With re-hydrating my yeast I have always seen signs of fermentation within a few hours..... not with this one!!!!!!

I then moved this one down to the basement where the temp stays around 65 degrees. fermentation went nice and slow ( 8 days ). The aroma off this wine is outstanding and I think the flavor is there to match. I'll know more after it ages a little and I back-sweeten it some.

BOB

Latest posts

Back