Strawberry Muscidine Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Itch

Junior
Reaction score
Here is my 5 gallon recipe...

8Lb strawberry
12Lb black muscidine
8Lb sugar
Campden tablets
Potassium sorbate

Freeze all the fruit, after they freeze toss in a 10q pot add the sugar the add enough water to cover the fruit with an inch of water, boil the simmer for 10 minutes.

Mix 71b-1122 yeast in a cup of warm water with 3lb tablespoons of sugar set aside while the fruit cools back to room temperature.

After cool mix all together in a 5 gallon carboy fill the rest of the way with water leave 4-5 inches below the neck for the cap then let ferment for 10 days then strain and top up with 100 percent cherry juice when you add it back to carboy...then rack after fermentation has stoped. Use campden and potassium sorbate after fermenting is done.

This is a light colored wine with great hints of the muscidines and strawberry.

Any thoughts would be nice.

Have you tried this before? I have tried Zifendel and strawberry before but not Muscadine.

Yes it is one I played with a few times, but I have toned down the fruit so the flavors are more delicate... I just did the formula I posted so I hope less muscidine's makes it less acidic this time last time used twice the amount of muscidine's .....either way im going to figure it will be good one the palette.

I never thought of doing that blend but you have peaked my interest now.

Last edited:
ForumRunner_20120823_171656.jpg

ForumRunner_20120823_171732.jpg

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120823_171548.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120823_171548.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 73

Latest posts

Back