strawberry eruption

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

victank1

Reaction score
help, this wine making is not what I thought it was. I put the camden tablets in..What am I doing wrong with this Strawberry wine.
I thought I had stopped the fermentation but I looked at it and there was a foam at the top of the carboyand you could tell there was a chemical reaction going on. I tasted it and it is still sour. I have since put in more camden and when I did you would thought i had put Mentos in a diet Coke. I had already degassed and thought I had gotten all the gas out but I'm glad I had a towel handy. What do I need to do and is this still going to be drinkable.
smiley19.gif
smiley19.gif
smiley19.gif
smiley19.gif
smiley19.gif

As far as the volcano goes, did you dissolve the k-meta in water first as that drastically reduces the volcano.

What was you SG before you put the tablets in the wine.
VPC

A stable sg is what you are looking for, check it a few days in a row and if its still moving dont do anything with it until you do have a stable sg.

the is 1.000 and it is still foaming after i put the camden in..Do I need to add anything or just wait.

The wine may not have been finished fermenting. Did you check the SG over a couple of days? I would just leave it alone and see what happens. Don't worry about crushing the tablet you are supposed to just after the wine is stable. This is how we learn.
VPC

Latest posts

Back