Storing bottled wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LCTitan

Junior
Reaction score
Does it matter if you store homemade wine in the upright position or on it's side. I keep them upright three days to enable to cork to seal? I was planning on storing them in wine boxes in the basement until I set up racks down there.

LCT, I do not have my racks finished yet either and I have my finished wine in boxes lying on their sides. No problems with this method and I can even stack the boxes, most of which do not have tops, on their sides.

If you are using synthetic corks - you can store upright. Natural corks need to be stored on the side to prevent the cork from drying out.

Upside down? Hmmmmm.......that's an interesting thought. Anyone else do this....? Seems so simple it hurts my brain.

I store all of my bottles upright on shelves that I have made. Since I use the synthetic corks there is no problem. I do this because I can arrange them on my shelves in a more orderly fashion.

Have you seen the pallets turned into wine storage? It works great and you can fill any little area with wine storage. Do a google search, I'm sure it will turn up. I have a couple different areas in my basement with them.

Debbie

Latest posts

Back