Still Here

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What did you list the house as? If you listed and the buyer expects a 3 bedroom, as was the case when you purchased, I wouldn't think it would be a problem having a 3 bedroom septic. Basically, a 3 bedroom house with a wine room. If you listed as a 4 bedroom, then you might.

Listed at as 4 bedrooms. Maybe if it had been listed as 3 bedrooms and an office it would not have raised a red flag with the buyers attorney.

[I understand that the health department didn't exist for my town when the house was constructed. Maybe septic system just gets grandfathered?] Will be contacting town health department tomorrow to see where we stand. I suspect the couple buying the home could care less 4 bedrooms vs, three and an office. Just a husband and wife involved with the purchase, no kids.

Fingers crossed for you, Bill. Selling is not without it's share of headaches. I know. Going to settlement on ours in 1 week.

Listed at as 4 bedrooms. Maybe if it had been listed as 3 bedrooms and an office it would not have raised a red flag with the buyers attorney.

[I understand that the health department didn't exist for my town when the house was constructed. Maybe septic system just gets grandfathered?] Will be contacting town health department tomorrow to see where we stand. I suspect the couple buying the home could care less 4 bedrooms vs, three and an office. Just a husband and wife involved with the purchase, no kids.

Not to defend the lawyer to much, but I would guess he is looking out for when his clients decide to sell.

What did you list the house as? If you listed and the buyer expects a 3 bedroom, as was the case when you purchased, I wouldn't think it would be a problem having a 3 bedroom septic. Basically, a 3 bedroom house with a wine room. If you listed as a 4 bedroom, then you might.

Or office, library... Whatever. We just went through the ordeal of selling and buying (only to move exactly 1.5 miles directly North). When looking at houses, it seemed like the only difference between a room listed as a BR and a room listed as Library or Den, was whether the room had a closet. Closet = BR in real estate.

Latest posts

Back