stablizing

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wzazdzez

Reaction score
I want to stabilize wine, but not bottle it yet. Do I use the same stabilizers. And do I need to do it again before bottling?

Why are you stabilizing? We need more information. Are you going to back sweeten? You only stabilize once. Exactly what do you mean by stabilizing, usually it means sorbate and meta added at the same time. Sorry for all the questions but we need details.

I'm stabilizing to try to keep a wine from changing much, so if I taste it one day and it is "right" I want to capture how it taste that day.

Tghis will not stop that fom happening. You stabilize a wine to keep it from refermenting if you add sugar. As the wine matures it will continue to change from a tiny amount to a lot depending on the wine. Usually this is always for the better.

The yeast hasn't eaten all the sugar. It's not completely dry . There is a small amount of sweetness in the wine that I want to keep without adding anymore alcohol.

as a home winemaker, this is very difficult and not recommended you are much better off fermenting to dry then stabilize, then back sweeten.

Latest posts

Back