sparkling wine ???

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobwhite

Reaction score
I have a banana pinaple wine that's been fermented dry stabilized and topped with a pinaple juice for back sweetening and now 4 months later I want to bottle it but its got c02 like crazy but its clear and has no lees in the bottom of the csrboy

It doesn't move a air lock at all but wen I tried to rack to bottles its like a sparkling wine so I stopped and degasses and it just never quits putting out c02 when I agitate it

It tastes great and idk if I can or should try to stabilize it or what to do

I have enough grolsch bottles to bottle the whole carboy do u think this is safe or a bottle bomb ?? It doesn't let gas out at all until its shaked or desturbed I'm thinking about grolsch bottling it and keeping them in a tote with a lid in the basement just in case and just consume it quickly

you don't need to stabilize again, once is enough. Try splash racking a couple of times.

I've try that with no success lol u think it would b safe in the grolsch bottles ?

Can you pull the gas by creating a vacuum? It may need about 20 - 22 inches of vacuum but a vacuum will pull the CO2 from the liquid. I think - but am not certain - that if you do not have easy access to a vacuum pump, a "bottle saver" device that removes O2 from an opened bottle of wine may be able to create sufficient vacuum to pull the CO2 from the wine - although that may take several days of effort. Alternatively, your local home brew store may sell plastic whips that you can attach to a small hand drill and if you whip the wine gently you can remove the CO2 from carboy

I've used a whip with no sucsess

I used campden tablets 1 per gallon

And potassium sorbate per instructions on the bottle

That should do it, degassing is one of the necessary evils when rushing to bottle. Sitting for 6 months would help.

Yea all my others r gonna sit till pears r ripe in September but my Gf graduates this weekend and I was wanting to have this to celebrate with cause bananas and pinaples r so cheep I don't mind drinking it young and letting my good stuff age longer

Do u think a swing top bottle would b safe and just tell the family its a sparkling wine ? Lol

And just consume it ? Its in the only plastic carboy I have and I don't want it in there any longer then necessary I'm going to through the thing away when I get this batch out of it I hate that thing glass is the only way to go foe me for now on out

I believe that the Grolsch-type bottles would work fine for your intended purpose.

Bobwhite, would you mind spelling out the words that you are using, rather than use those abbreviations?

From Winemakingtalk's Rules and Regulations:

7. Please, no "txtr" or “l337” style typing. Abbreviations are acceptable for specific terms and even the occasional lol or ROTFLMAO, but in the context of a conversation, please spell the words out. It helps to create a more readable and inviting forum experience for everyone.

I no its not the right thing to do but it tastes good and I am taking my time to let my others age properly and was wanting something different for this weekend then the wines I already have bottled

OK thanks I will be sure to try and type out everything properly, I am using my phone and just get so used to shortcutting my typing due to being on such a small keyboard and not on a computer.

Sorry for all the abbreviation's

Latest posts

Back