Sound about right?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeC

Reaction score
I put everything in the primary on Saturday. SG was 1.080. Temperature was 68 degrees.

Had a couple temperature swings, but it's now steady at 72.1. Checked the SG this evening and it was 1.032. The number I need to shoot for (per the directions) is 1.010. At this rate I'm guessing I'll achieve it Thursday or Friday.

I'm recording what I do every step of the way, as well as the readings and plan to keep records so I'll know what I've done.

Sound like I'm on track?

My wife thinks I'm acting like an expectant father fawning over a bucket of wine-to-be. I told her she was pretty much correct
smiley36.gif

Of course, I'm already loading my wish list at Georges site with the next (several) wines I want to try!

Everything is fine and please plan on passing out cigars when the wine is born!
smiley20.gif

Just think, two years from now you will be starting kits 4 at a time and won't even look to see if they are bubbling for a week...lol

Frank That is so true, I have 5 gallons of Pineapple and 2 - 5 gallon carboys of mustang grape . I rack them every 2 months and dont even look at them between rackings. I have a freezer full of peaches and plums that i need to get started.

Harry

AAASTINKIE said:
Just think, two years from now you will be starting kits 4 at a time and won't even look to see if they are bubbling for a week...lol

I'm looking forward to that!

Latest posts

Back