something not right

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thank you miss lori,
the reading does not prepare one for what this stuff actually looks like,,lol
I will go the slow route, I know my beans chili and tea are to kill for, and my great granny taught me slowly was an is the only way, but that is hard when your dying to break that seal and sip...lol.,,:i

thank you miss lori,
the reading does not prepare one for what this stuff actually looks like,,lol
I will go the slow route, I know my beans chili and tea are to kill for, and my great granny taught me slowly was an is the only way, but that is hard when your dying to break that seal and sip...lol.,,:i

Well, sipping is ok, even encouraged. Sometimes t he early wines will give you the omg, that stuff is bad. Generally if you wait and don't dump them too early, they will come around. None of them taste too good to me during the ferment. Usually too yeasty. But if you keep on tasting them, as time goes on, they usually get better. Also after a few tries, you can kind of recognize what is going on as the wine progresses. Will kind of let you know what you are going to wind up with. Good luck with it, Arne.

alright 3 weeks later I've rack my wine, (such as I'm able of so far) from my secondary into it's third,, counting primary as 1frist, then 1st carboy as second, now third racking into 2nd carboy,,,if my terms are correct, that original batch I would have throw out if not for yall's knowledge and time,
that vinegar taste was unsweetened wine with the slight taste of alcohol, imagine that, (thank you all) . world less lees now, thanks to ya'll this broken down ole country boy now has 10 gallons of blackberry wine and 5 gallon of elderberry wine, slowly bulk aging and fixing to (due to lack of enough of each to make it's own) to start a pear-yellow crab apple-yellow apples-red apple mix wine,,,, since my attempts are from fruit I grow I make each 5 gallon batch really 7 gallons in order to have enough wine of it's own with which to top up with,,,, I use 14 gallon primary's,5 gallon carboy's,1 gallon carboys an 1/2 gallon carboy's, I read up long and hard before I ever started this, but I was very unprepared for what it really looked and tasted like,,,, and I read old post everyday on here in order to attempt to learn more, sadly I absorb knowledge about like a sponge soaked in silicone,,, thank ya'll

The next thing you have to watch out for are the wine gremlins. They tend to reside wherever wine is being made. You keep track of what you have, maybe sample a bit and the next time you go back to the winery, the levels have gone down in your carboys. Nobody around, hmm, darn wine gremlins been drinkin again. :h Arne.

arne could you please send me a picture of yourself so I can easily recognize what that evil wine gremlin looks like,,,,::

Latest posts

Back