So much for the nice weather.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Runningwolf

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After the summer like weather last week in the 80's, all the buds broke out. Now tonight we're headed for a deep freeze and cold all week. Fingers are crossed for all the farmers.

I feel for you. hope things don't get too bad. Worried about a freeze here, way too warm for this time of year for us. Just checked the 15 day forcast, lowest temp is 38 next week. Not too worried, they can't get it right one day to the next let alone a week or more away. will see when it gets here.

I hear ya there Dan, supposed to get down to 19 tonight after being 80 last week! WTF!

Absolutely NUTS! From a personal standpoint, it had better get warm by this weekend cuz I got me some Kayaking plans!! From the farming standpoint, thank goodness no freezing here yet this week, I hope like hell that it doesn't happen.

Our regular temps here this time of year should be 60/40, right now its 53 with a high of almost 80 again.
I know its going to frost at some point and kill all the buds off.....:m

We have had a very mild Winter here in central Ohio. Last week we set two daily high records, one at 85 and one at 86 degrees F. I think this is going to be a terrible year for pests in the lawn and on trees. I am sure they will affect vines as well. Keep a sharp eye out and be ready to hit them hard.

Hopefully the freeze we had last night will kill some of the lawn insects--they are abundant.

It got pretty cold here last night at about 18 degrees. Glad the vines hadn't popped yet. That is after 5 record highs last week.

You got lucky Rich, everything around here is budding pretty good! It made it down to about 20 last night, wonder if that means Im not getting and Currants this year.

It hit 20* here. The extent of damage won't really be know they said until later this week when it warms back up. Vinyars and orchards were all coming in Bloom.

Back