Slurry?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AWelch

Reaction score
Howdy, first post. I am starting my first wine batch in the morning. It'll be strawberry/blueberry. Immediately after transferring to the secondary, I plan on starting an SP with the slurry. Does the slurry mean I use the lees in the bottom and the fruit in the nylon bag? Or just the lees? I know it's a newby question, but that is who I am and I'd like to get it right as I know how to.

Thank You!
Anthony

Howdy, first post. I am starting my first wine batch in the morning. It'll be strawberry/blueberry. Immediately after transferring to the secondary, I plan on starting an SP with the slurry. Does the slurry mean I use the lees in the bottom and the fruit in the nylon bag? Or just the lees? I know it's a newby question, but that is who I am and I'd like to get it right as I know how to.

Thank You!
Anthony

If it were my batch, I'd use the lees at the bottom of the bucket, but not the fruit in the bag. The reason I say this, is that I've made strawberry wine in the past and I find that the seeds tend to lend a bitter flavor into the finished product. Because of this, I try to limit the fruit exposure to a few days. Moving the seeds over to the Skeeter Pee batch would, in my opinion, invite bitter flavors.

Latest posts

Back