Skittle Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sg

I am trying the skittle wine and my starting sg is 1.70:sm is there anything i can do to bring it down or will it come down after fermentation?

I am trying the skittle wine and my starting sg is 1.70:sm is there anything i can do to bring it down or will it come down after fermentation?
Do you mean 1.070 or 1.7? That will be jet fuel, how much water did you use? How many Lbs of Skittles?

It is at 1.170 sorry misunderstanding...made a 5 gallon batch (followed the recipe for the one gallon and muliplied all) so the water was 2 pints per gallon and then added what was needed to bring it up to five gallons..also added 57 1/2 ozs of white grape juice concentrate.

Well thats high, must have come from the grape juice. How many pounds of skittles did you add?
I'm in the middle of a3 gallon batch right now started with 6 14oz bags no grape juice sg was at 1.075 bumped to 1.090. You may have to turn it into a 6 gallon batch to drop sugar level.

What I did with my first batch was to add after it was stabilized is added 14oz of skittles to it. Yes you deal with the wax again...

thats ok i will try that...we have a heating pad on it now trying to get the fermentation going. Thank you for your help :)

I am stuck at 1.070 for the last week and a half and I have tried nutrient , energizer, stirring the heck out of it and the adjusting the temp. I was actively fermenting at 76* w/ a starting sg of 1.126 which I thought was on the high side. But I followed the directions on this forum to make it and wasn't sure why it was so high. Anyone have any advice on this problem I am having? Thank you?

Dan,
I whipped up a good starter with 1118 and it is fermenting but very slow as of now. Hopefully it picks up and finishes! Thank you!

I started my Skittle wine at 1.092 and finished at .995 using 1118.

Josh, Did you check the date on your yeast? Is it out of date?

Mine turned out ok but I'll tell you, I didn't even add all the sugar that was called for and I still ended up making rocket fuel. Anyone thinking about making this stuff, I would add half the sugar and take a reading before adding the other half.

Update: the starburst wine I made is way better than the skittle wine, I used bags of Valentines day starburst so they were all red and pink flavors, its Sooo good.

Update: the starburst wine I made is way better than the skittle wine, I used bags of Valentines day starburst so they were all red and pink flavors, its Sooo good.

what was your recipe again for the starburst wine? i was going to try a small batch of this.

I'm not near my journal right now but I'll double check tonight. I think it was the same as the skittle recipe but with starburst

I made a gallon batch of this on Tuesday night. I have it in a 2 gallon plastic bucket as my primary. As in the recipe I put the lid on the bucket and put the drilled rubber stopper in the lid and attached the airlock. Then I read all the pages of this post and read one that someone said that it shouldnt be under an airlock bc the yeast needs oxygen to work. Is this true? Ive read tons of different recipes and most of them said to cover with cloth and stir daily for one week. Should I be doing this for the skittle wine also?

Latest posts

Back