Skeeter Pee + Mead Crossover, ISO Advice

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Affe

Wine Noob
Reaction score
I've posted this before, but here are my plans for my next batch:

Skeeter Pee with a yeast culture (I don't have any slurry to work with and would prefer to keep anything out of it that may change the flavor).

Going to start in a 6 gallon carboy rack it down to a 5.

Will use:

Real Lemon concentrates
Green Tea in place of water
Honey in place of sugar

I was doing some calculations, and figured I would need 13 pounds of honey for this? Is that correct? It just seems like a ridiculous amount of honey....

Any suggestions on a possible recipe for this?

Thanks in advance!

I've posted this before, but here are my plans for my next batch:

Skeeter Pee with a yeast culture (I don't have any slurry to work with and would prefer to keep anything out of it that may change the flavor).

Going to start in a 6 gallon carboy rack it down to a 5.

Will use:

Real Lemon concentrates
Green Tea in place of water
Honey in place of sugar

I was doing some calculations, and figured I would need 13 pounds of honey for this? Is that correct? It just seems like a ridiculous amount of honey....

Any suggestions on a possible recipe for this?

Thanks in advance!
Dunno about the actual recipe, never made skeeter pee. But with a traditional mead, the average honey amount is like 3 to 3.5lb per gallon for about 12 to 13% ABV. Given the start as 6 gallons, 13lb of honey is a little lite IMO. I'd have thought 18 to 21lb of honey would be about right for a traditional mead. As I said, don't know about the skeeter pee thing.......

Dunno about the actual recipe, never made skeeter pee. But with a traditional mead, the average honey amount is like 3 to 3.5lb per gallon for about 12 to 13% ABV. Given the start as 6 gallons, 13lb of honey is a little lite IMO. I'd have thought 18 to 21lb of honey would be about right for a traditional mead. As I said, don't know about the skeeter pee thing.......

Hmm, thank you very much! I guess I'll need to re-evaluate how much more I need to spend on honey!

EDIT: I'll continue this project here.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back