shrink wrap tops

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittleLeroy

Reaction score
I see a lot of pictures from people showing off there newly bottled wine. (which i like to see) My question is this. How do you get the shrink wraps on the bottle so perfect? I use a heat gun (from my wife's crafts) to shrink them. Is this how you do it? is the a easier way? The way I do it does not take long it just is uneven and all wrinkly
smiley19.gif
(is that even a word?) Thank you for your input

I just put my finger on the shrink wrap part furthest from the water. Once it starts to go in the water no reason to hold it on any more.

For those squeamish get a coat hanger cut 6" off and make it look like this _________l cheap and safe

montyfox said:
I also apply the cap before labeling to avoid ink smearing.

I make a label (6 to a page) and take to Staples and get Color Laser Copies. Ink will not run. Then I use a glue stick to attach to the bottle.

It is possible to have wrinkle-free caps using a heat gun, too. At least this works for me:

I start at the top of the cap and work down on one side of the bottle. Then turn the bottle around and do the back. My heat gun is left over from when I used to shrink monocote covering onto model airplanes. It has a nozzle which probably helps the process.

I use a heat gun with nozzle. I hold the top of the shrink wrap with a chopstick and heat from the top of the bottle and around the sides. No wrinkles after a couple of practice rounds.
smiley4.gif

That is the excuse I use. Gotta perfect the shrink wraps on the necks.
smiley20.gif

I have about 4500 shrink wraps left and I need to use them.

Good enough excuse?

I use this tool that I bought from George so I dont have to stand over boiling water or play with heat guns. Its a bit pricey but works in a second flat and does it perfect every time for me.
HorzCapsular.jpg

questions wade ,,sometimes i have problems with different types of bottle necks with the BASIC wrap i use do you have any problems with them not fitting all the way of ,and how much is this toy XMAS is coming soon, always looking for some new toys.....is it always s on or do you turn it off and on,,,,,do you use a vino meter?

I use one too and it is great for all sizes of bottles and fast - fast - fast!!
neat toy - - - requirement!!!

Hey Tepe, IGoogled Mike'sand could not locatea website to check out the bottle shrink wrap unit. I could not find on FVW. Do you have Mike's website address?

Thanks

I have always just used steam! Heat a kettle and leave it on the burner, when it starts to really produce a lot of steam, simply hold the bottle at an angle over the mouth of the kettle, with the wrap hanging off. I have yet to find wrinkles! No practice necessary!

Cam

Latest posts

Back