Cellar Craft Showcase Washington Merlot

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patc

Reaction score
Hi all,

Well i told myself i would not try this until it was a year old right
smiley36.gif
!!!!!
i could not take it. i started it on 2/28/10 Starting SG 1.105 @72 degrees. Secondary ferment 3/11/10 .996 SG. Yes i let it ferment to dry in the primary with the air lock air tight to see what would happen with bthe extended grape skin contact. Temp 73 Degrees. Stabilized 3/21/10 Added 1 1/2 ounce french stavin cubes and 1 ounce american house toast cubes along with fermenting it with the oak it came with.Kept it on oak for ten weeks.In addition i added 1/2 teaspoon grand cru tannin at stabalizing. Bulk aged for 5 months.I did not add sorbate and i filtered it with the vin brite. Just opened a bottle OMG!!!! are you kidding me, Waves of plum Blackberry andraspberry, the oak amazing!!!! this wine is not very old and is amazing!!!!!! if you are thinking about this wine and want to add more oak do not be afraid you will be rewarded. Basically i now have a washington fruit foward merlot oaked california style simply sublime!!!!!!!!!!
smiley4.gif

Latest posts

Back