Cellar Craft Showcase amarone

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Broge5

Reaction score
I was afraid I really screwed up my Amarone today. I was transferring from the secondary carboy to get it off the lees and add KMeta etc, and while I was going through the packets I realized I had an enzyme packet that I forgot to put in. I had already added the K Meda. Call George at fine fine wines and he told me not to worry about it just go ahead and add the enzyme in with all of the other things. Can anybody on here tell me if I have heard anything or if there's anything special I should do next.
I have added the clearing agents and sorbate's and came Edda along with the enzyme. I did notice quite a bit of Hayes on the carboy when I was transferring.

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

You will be fine. You didn't screw it up at all.

The worst you might see is a slight white film in the bottle. I've never seen it and I "forget" that packet every time.

The enzyme is for a protein ring that sometimes develops at the top of the carboy. If you don't have the ring, you technically don't need the enzyme. I had one that was stubborn and George sent me an extra enzyme pack. That cleared it up. Now I only use it if I need it. That way, I have extras in case I get another stubborn one.

I did see a lot more haze in the empty carboy after racking. Glad to hear this will be ok. I have high hopes for this kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

Oh yeah, the CC Showcase Amarone is on my permanent short list.

Back