Short on Juice

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cspice

Junior
Reaction score
Hi,

Somebody gave me a bottle of Muscadine juice and uhh ... You know where my mind went...

Well it's a 32 oz bottle, and I added a 32 oz bottle of organic concord to it leaving 1/2 of my gallon carboy empty, so I'm wondering how important it is to have it full. If it's not full, what will happen? Can I just fill it up with simple syrup?

You should ferment in a bucket. When thru rack to a half gallon carboy with only an inch or so of head space.

Read how to ferment juice in the tutorial section on the home page. You will have a winner if you do things right.

Hi,

Somebody gave me a bottle of Muscadine juice and uhh ... You know where my mind went...

Well it's a 32 oz bottle, and I added a 32 oz bottle of organic concord to it leaving 1/2 of my gallon carboy empty, so I'm wondering how important it is to have it full. If it's not full, what will happen? Can I just fill it up with simple syrup?

Okay, I read a little bit further and found the oxidation problem, so I 'm off to the market for 1/2 gallon of Muscadine juice. :h

You should ferment in a bucket. When thru rack to a half gallon carboy with only an inch or so of head space.

Read how to ferment juice in the tutorial section on the home page. You will have a winner if you do things right.

Thanks, I decided to go get some more juice

Latest posts

Back