WineXpert Selection Original LE Pacific Quartet

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished racking mine a 2nd time and added the F-pack. I can't wait. I've had good success with white wine kits being very drinkable early.

Just finished racking mine a 2nd time and added the F-pack. I can't wait. I've had good success with white wine kits being very drinkable early.

Can you post your SG number before and after the f-pack.

Can you post your SG number before and after the f-pack.

I fermented to dry before adding the F-pack. I'll check the SG later today after adding the F-pack.

NVM i wrote it down after adding to the sheet I keep on my wines. SG was ~1.006-8. I measured in my bucket at an angle so it was hard to get an exact reading but that's close.

Last edited:
I fermented to dry before adding the F-pack. I'll check the SG later today after adding the F-pack.

NVM i wrote it down after adding to the sheet I keep on my wines. SG was ~1.006-8. I measured in my bucket at an angle so it was hard to get an exact reading but that's close.

If you have the SG prior to adding the f-pack let me know. :)

If you have the SG prior to adding the f-pack let me know. :)

I didn't take the final gravity to be honest. It had fermented strongly for 2 weeks then stopped for several days before I did this. My assumption is it fermented dry to 1.0 or less. The yeast was 1116 which is very vigorous.

Just tasted it. I agree it was slightly sweeter than expected but you can tell it will be a very good wine. If you prefer dryer wines maybe only use a portion of the F-Pack and store the rest adding some meta to keep it sanitized.

Thanks, that is why I wanted to know the final gravity before adding the f-pack, in order to better adjust the initial additional of some f-pack in primary.
I tend to like the whites off dry.

I finally got to adding the F-pack for our Quartet. Before F-pack, the SG was 0.992, and after F-pack the SG is 1.002. This F-pack looked and poured much less syrupy than previous F-packs we've used from Winexpert, which I interpret as a good thing :)

At this point I'd call it just "good" but has potential. I get some apple and peach up front with a good amount of acidity on the back end. It needs more time, but it doesn't taste as full body as I read in the descriptions. The Fpack really brought in the fruit flavors, though. Before the Fpack it tasted underwhelming, but still good acidity.

This is my “on-deck” kit and will probably be starting it in a week or two. Having never done a kit with an F-Pack before, I’m leaning to using some in the primary, and some to back sweeten. @Cibb suggests adding K-Met to the unused portion. How much? 2 grains? :) Should it be refrigerated after opening? Frozen? Any details of your experiences are welcome.
As always, I thank you!

Just put mine in the primary the other day. This is the first white I've done. Dunno if it will make a ton of difference but I have it temp controlled at 59 degrees. Will probably take a while to ferment.

How's the Pacific Quartet tasting at this time folks?

This wine should taste crisp,clean and like summer made it two times before.

I'm behind schedule, and just bottled it last weekend. . Darned if there wasn't two glasses left over. It was tasting 'new' but will be a very nice wine by spring/summer. I took the suggestion and added 1/2 F-Pack with primary and added the rest after degassing. Thank goodness for a "goodie-drawer" collection because the included Chitosan was crystallized - luckily I had some to replace it with.

Latest posts

Back