SCOTTY & FRIENDS GREAT SMOKEOUT

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great pictures Waldo.. that looks like great fun.. that area is nice.. over Labor Day I paddle the Caddo River.. it was so pretty.. when the leaves change colors it would be gorgeous.

get there next sept with some more of the FVW group-- Waldo is quiite enough though but more wine folks will go well with our foodie bunch--we are also avid fisherman-kyackers- animal lovesr in most cases--(( cooked and un cooked))campers- and many other interesting folks.
The FVW group could only make it better
smiley1.gif

Scotty, I'm going to try and make it out there next year.. I could bring my kayaks.. I'm not much of a tent person but have an RV.. I'm sure they have hookups.. that would be fun if we could get some of the FVW group together and have our own little wine fest.
Cyndy

It's such a nice place. And they do have "hook-ups" at every campsite. But you need to reserve in advance if you want to be near the rest of us. We will let you know when we start planning, and it will be early in the year in order to all be in the same area. It will be great to meet some of the FVW folks and tip some glasses together.

Miss Rocky, keep me posted so I can get in the same area. I think it would be great to taste other wine that people have made and maybe Waldo will make that peach cobbler again. It would be nice if some of the other folks in the surrounding areas could make it.

cyndy

We'll b e sure to keep you posted.....between me and Scotty.......We'd sure like to see some of the FVW folks there.

Waldo said:
Sounds like we have a plan in the making..im a liking it

I was hoping for a joint gathering. The fellowship is impossible to describe.
We are motel campers ourselves and stay in the town near the lake de greay camp ground. It's next to arkadelphia and i think it is called caddo bend or valley.
we always use area C in the de gray park. Miss Rocky will post more precise info soon
smiley1.gif

Sadie said:
Scotty, I'm going to try and make it out there next year.. I could bring my kayaks.. I'm not much of a tent person but have an RV.. I'm sure they have hookups.. that would be fun if we could get some of the FVW group together and have our own little wine fest.
Cyndy

thats the idea. Two separate groups yet together. It would be fun swappin stories. A couple of the guys make thier own Kyacks too

Sadie I looked at floating the Caddo a couple of times

Here is a picture of my Pirogue and a freinds.
Mine is on the right

011.jpg

Ozark Paul said:
Sadie I looked at floating the Caddo a couple of times

Here is a picture of my Pirogue and a freinds.
Mine is on the right

011.jpg

I thought a perogie was a polish dumpling
smiley1.gif

Miss Rocky, you can count me in.. now lets work on the folks in the surrounding areas and we will just have a grand time..

Ozark Paul.. those are interesting boats.. I'm not sure I have seen one like that before.. you would love the Caddo River.. it's really a fun paddle.. Oct. 24th we are paddling the middle Buffalo.. I hope the weather holds.. we paddled the Buffalo in May and the water was running really fast.. out of 17 of us only 4 did not fall out, and the water was really cold..

where are you putting in Sadie I live about 2 hours from the Buffalo.
I might be able to join on a day trip.

Ozark Paul, I'm not exactly sure where the put in will be but as soon as I know I will let you know.. there is a group of us that kayak.. we love for people to join us.

Ozark Paul, we are thinking about putting in at Pruitt Landing to Hasty section, we are actually staying in Harrison.. we usually stay in Jasper in a cabin but because of how unpredictable the weather is right now we are staying in a hotel.. a cabin you have to give a 7 days notice to cancel with a hotel, 24 hours.. where do you live in Arkansas?? </span>

Sadie said:
Miss Rocky, you can count me in.. now lets work on the folks in the surrounding areas and we will just have a grand time..

Ozark Paul.. those are interesting boats.. I'm not sure I have seen one like that before.. you would love the Caddo River.. it's really a fun paddle.. Oct. 24th we are paddling the middle Buffalo.. I hope the weather holds.. we paddled the Buffalo in May and the water was running really fast.. out of 17 of us only 4 did not fall out, and the water was really cold..

Hank Williams sang

Good by joe
me gotta go
me oh my oh
me gotta go pole the pearoe down the bayou

Thems Cagin boats--crazy spelling but i think pearoe would be the prononciation Sadie
they are even more beautiful in person and hand made bu the owners in this case

Paul will correct me if i'm mixed up there
smiley1.gif

Yep Scotty peerow
I live in Missouri Sadie between Springfield and Branson
It will be high this weekend we've got a lota rain
The pirogue might be a bit slow for the kayakers though

Back