Sauv Blanc Kit Recommendation? (or other)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spikedlemon

Reaction score
The missus has put in a request for her next batch of wine to be a Sauvingnon Blanc. So I'm looking for reasonable options for a kit.

Any suggestions for Sauv Blanc that you've enjoyed?

She really enjoyed the WE World Vinyard Pinot Gris from earlier this year and I see that WE has a VR & WV Sauv Blanc kit (being similar quality level)

As for "other": she's also a fan of dry (not-buttery) Chardonnays & Pinot Gris. Anything else make sense to look at?

Spiked, I have found that WE Selection series Sauvignon Blanc to be very good. They offer two 16 liter kits, one from California and one from Chile. They cost a little more than the VR & WV series' and I think they are worth it. One of our sponsors, Label Peelers, currently has some very attractive pricing on these kits.

The missus has put in a request for her next batch of wine to be a Sauvingnon Blanc. So I'm looking for reasonable options for a kit.

Any suggestions for Sauv Blanc that you've enjoyed?

She really enjoyed the WE World Vinyard Pinot Gris from earlier this year and I see that WE has a VR & WV Sauv Blanc kit (being similar quality level)

As for "other": she's also a fan of dry (not-buttery) Chardonnays & Pinot Gris. Anything else make sense to look at?

Best Sauvignon Blanc kit I've done (at the recommendations of @ibglowin) is the WE Eclipse New Zealand SB, it's a real winner!

Best Pinot Gris kit to date (not from fresh or frozen juice bucket) was the Mosti Mondiale All Juice PG.

Up in Ontario you should be able to find some grapes. It takes guts, but visit or call some smaller wineries. They are often willing to share 50 lbs or so. Gwertz, piano blanc, sb, and Pinot Gris are options for similar dry wines.

Not cheap but worth every penny is the EP Winery Series Sauv Blanc from RJS. It was the top white at number 4 in the wine makers top kits for 2015. The other white offerings in the same line also ranked well. I have made the SB, Chard and Pinot and will make all again. After all, its summer and nothing says happy hour like a cold glass of white

cheers

Last edited:
Up in Ontario you should be able to find some grapes. It takes guts, but visit or call some smaller wineries. They are often willing to share 50 lbs or so. Gwertz, piano blanc, sb, and Pinot Gris are options for similar dry wines.

Good point. I was planning for some Baco Noir at harvest time but that sounds like a goof.option to do in parallel.

The Sauv Blanc in the World Vineyard label is really really good considering going it's a 'non premium' kit. I've made that one 3 times now. In about 6-9 months it's terrific. Favorite of family and friends as well.

Sauvignon blanc

I will be interested in what you chose.
Corinth

I've made the Eclipse Sauvignon Blanc twice and intent to continue making it on a regular basis. After 6-12 months of aging, it's as good as or better than most $12-$16 commercial SB's out there.

Latest posts

Back