Rookie from Western Pa.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flem

Reaction score
Happy New Year from the newest newbie.
I am a rookie in the purest sense. My only previous experience with wine is drinking it. I ordered my initial supplies and wine kit yesterday. I'm starting with the R J Spagnols Washington Merlot. I am very anxious to startmy new hobby. I will be both, referring to, and asking questions of, the forum on a regular basis. Be patient with me.

Cheers!

Welcome to the forum.

I did the same Washington Merlot. Mine is about a year old... It should start getting pretty good....

Welcome

Welcome to the forums and glad you found us!

20110101_190809_kgo_057.gif

We are here to answer your questions so bring them on. Welcome to this forum!

Flem welcome to this great forum. I am also from NW PA. You not only found a great forum but also the best place in the country to buy supplies.

Flem said:
Happy New Year from the newest newbie.
I am a rookie in the purest sense. My only previous experience with wine is drinking it. I ordered my initial supplies and wine kit yesterday. I'm starting with the R J Spagnols Washington Merlot. I am very anxious to startmy new hobby. I will be both, referring to, and asking questions of, the forum on a regular basis. Be patient with me.
Flem, welcome to a great hobby (obsession) and a great forum.

One item that will get you better answers is telling us the complete product name. According to their web page, RJ Spagnols makes TWO Washington Merlots...Cellar Classic Winery Series, and Grand Cru International. Answers to some questions will require us to know which kit you are actually making.

Steve

That's how new I am. It's the Winery Series, Washington Merlot.

Cheers!

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the welcome. I'm from Beaver.

Cheers!

I haven't made that particular kit but have made many others of these Winery Series and not one has disappointed me at all. They will need about 1 year to start really showing you how great they are.

Randoneur,
Thanks! I've watched all of them at least once. Probably will watch many more times.

Welcome to the forum. I too have watched the videos multiple times and learn something new each time I watch.

Goodfella,
I'm curious. How long did you bulk age the Washington Merlot?

Thanks,
Flem

I think for my first two kits I called George (Winemakers Toy Store) each step of the way to make sure I was doing it right. You should consider George as a receivable rather than a payable, just to put it in accounting terms.

My first kit (and supplies) is scheduled to arrive this Friday. I've already memorized his (George's) number. Guess what I'm doing this weekend?

Mike

Flem said:
My first kit (and supplies) is scheduled to arrive this Friday. I've already memorized his (George's) number. Guess what I'm doing this weekend?

Mike

I am starting the Cellar Craft Rosso Fortunissimo Cuvee this weekend. George will be busy!
smiley36.gif

Latest posts

Back