Rhubarb wine ?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Bear

Junior
Reaction score
Hello to everyone this is my first post. I have a couple questions in regards to fruit wine and the making of rhubarb wine. First, most fruit concentrates fromAlexander or Sun Cal say 1-4 cans per 5 gallons. I make three gallon batches and want to make a rhubarb win. Can I make a 3 gallon batch using one of these white wine concentrates (like Alaxander brandRiesling,chablis or chennin blanc) and add the remaining juiceto make 3 gallons of rhubarb wine. My grandfather used to make it and I remember him adding grape juice because the rhubarb could not stand on its own. I have plenty of rhubarbready to go. Or would this make a weak or light-bodied wine? I would also like to make an apple wine using apple juice. The recipe is from my grandfather but my Dad told me he used to add a can of frozen apple juice or concentrate with sorbate before bottling to give body and flavor. Is this also exceptable? I am fairly new to this. I have made wine from kits and have noticed the difference between kits and fruit wine making. I am tired of making kits and would like to make smaller fruit batches because of space. Any advice is greatly apprecited on this matter.

Rhubarb can stand on it's own . Seach the web there are a lot of variations out there .If you don't like one pick two or three and come up with your own.

Latest posts

Back