Mosti Mondiale Reserva Mondiale Pinot Grigo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

admiral

Reaction score
Started a Reserva Mondiale Pinot Grigothis morning. A straight forward MM start. One interesting note: the SG at 69 degrees was 1.096 at exactly 23 liters volume. Man, the winery (and house)is smelling so good these days.
smiley1.gif

I see you transferred about as much wealth to George last month as I did!

Lots of stuff on sale so I picked up 3 kits myself.
smiley32.gif

Well, it is wine making season isn't it.
smiley1.gif
Now, the way I look at it, it is an investment. I can make a bottle of wine for $5 or $6 dollars that I would pay at least $15 at retail. That is a 200% return on investment. Pretty good deal I think.
smiley1.gif
Plus, I get the fun of making it and seeing the surprised looks on people's faces when I tell them it is "home-made" wine.
smiley20.gif

I have made 84 gallons this year and I would like to make 100 before year end. That would giveme a pretty good start for aging in my cellar while at the same time leaving some for everyday drinking. You know, life is good.
smiley1.gif

Yes there has been some good stuff on sale and I am eyeing a few before the end of the month. I am also curious as to the specials for next month.

I am going to try something with this wine. The S.G. was 1.040 today and instructions called for me to add energiser, mix well, add oak to carboy, and rack.

Instead, I added energizer, mixed well, added the oak to the primary, and snapped the lid on. I will stir daily.Does anyone see a problem with this approach?
smiley24.gif

Admiral that's what I do, except I don't stir unless there is fruit in the must.
VC

No need to stir. I'll check the SG every couple of days to make sure its not stuck but for the most part I let the yeast have fun.
VC

Thats the exact procedure I have been following. Its much like that of Cellar Craft. No wine volcano, happy yeasties. Its all good. I stirred mine once a day to help with the oak extraction once I transferred into glass (for the secondary fermentation to complete.

I am thinking of fermenting this to finish in the primary and then racking for bulk storage.

It is clear as a bell, and bulk aging. I intend to bottle next month. Start drinking in May.

Back