Red Table Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShelleyDickison

President of Stay at Home and Do Nothing Inc.
Reaction score
There is a wine my husband and I really enjoy for just sitting around and sipping. It's from a North Carolina Winery and is listed as a Red Table Wine and the web site description is "Enjoy a rich, sweet wine that bursts with dark cherry flavor in every sip. Best served chilled." Does anyone know of a kit or recipe that I could use for something similar to this. I realize its not a lot to go on but any help would be appreciated.

Shelley, I suspect that you would not find a strict formulation for this wine, even if you contacted the winery. It is very likely a blend of a number of red (and maybe even some white) grapes and juices and its "formula" depends on what is available at the time. I see that you made an "Argentinean Blend." Does this wine approximate the wine you like? If you added a little sweetness to the Argentinean Blend, would it be close?

The trio was a white wine blend of chard, Riesling and Voingner. To be honest after a couple bottles we gave it away because we didn't enjoy it. The people we have it to liked it and gave us our bottles back. It was also a dry wine. I guess I hadn't realized you could sweeten a wine that was meant to be dry. I guess I figured that was an unwritten no no

"I guess I hadn't realized you could sweeten a wine that was meant to be dry. I guess I figured that was an unwritten no no"

Commercial wineries do it all the time to match the current consumer taste. Just be sure to add k-sorbate first to protect against re-fermentation.

Great Thanks. That will make my wine making world a bit bigger now.

Latest posts

Back