RE-Bottling

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ASAI

Reaction score
or maybe it is called bottle racking?

I haven't seen anything on clearing problems after wine is bottled. My only batch bottled was the IM Blackberry Cabernet bottled on Feb 8. I got a lot of secondary lees in some of the bottles due to lack of experience, bottling technique, other issues, and not knowing what was in the siphon tube was not really as clear as I thought.

Most bottles have been consummed, and worked with careful pouring. A few lately I have filtered using my coffe maker.

So today, I decided to take the 4 remaining bottles that show signs of "floaties" run them through the filter then rebottled in the same bottles after rinsing with water and K-Met.

I am not sure if this was a good idea; so, figured I would just do it then post. Better to be called stupid after and not before.
smiley36.gif

20090329_175814_033009WineFilte.JPG

20090329_180102_033009WineFilte.JPG

I guess it is probably OK but it seems like a waste of time and effort for only 4 bottles

I would not recommend dont that again as it exposes the wine to way to much 02, if it were a white wine it probably would have turned a little brown from oxidation.

I had a few bottles with sediment in them when I made my first batch of JAO mead. I only ran them through the coffee filter asI drank them. Once its in the bottle, I tend to leave it alone until I drink it.

Latest posts

Back