Quickest way to extract Juice from fruits

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grapes are generally 12-15# per gallon of wine. I can easily fit 5# of destemmed (not crushed) grapes in a 1 gallon ziploc.

IME with berries, I get roughly 1 gallon of juice from 8-10# of berries when I steam them. 5-6# of berries fit in a 1 g ziploc.

I can't help with citrus yields.

I do have a small, 7.5 cubic foot chest freezer for my fruit. Right now it's holding 135# of grapes, 18# of elderberries and several 5# bags of blackberries plus some misc. There is still a bit of room left.

Technically, steam juicing does dilute juice, but it is a minute amount - not enough for me to be concerned about it. Depending on what you plan to do with the juice, it may or may not matter to you. Steam juicers are designed and work well for extracting juice for drinking.

Sorry for the very late reply.

Have been busy.

but thank you for this post.

exactly the info I needed.

I've used a Hamilton Beach Juicer. Bought it for my wife a year or so ago from Wal-Mart. This thing has a motor that won't quit and will extract juice from anything. Try mashing a carrot or a bag of kale and see how much juice you get. This thing feeds like a food processor, yet the container (fine wire mesh strainer basket) spins faster than any food processor I've ever seen. The result is that juice is forced through the basket into a spigot for collection and pulp, stems, seeds, etc are forced up and over the edge where they fall into a collection container. I recently juiced 4lb of Blackberries and 3lb of Blueberries (both frozen and thawed). The result was well over half a gallon of juice. The pulp is typically dry. I've seen this thing pull a shot glass of juice from a single carrot, and it's powerfull enough to shred and juice the core of a whole Pineapple.

Latest posts

Back