Question about dandelions

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
10 minutes!

After that, you should send them to me.........
smiley36.gif
smiley4.gif

Or me!!!

seriously though how many flower tops would u have to pick to make a gallon bathc of wine and i thnk someone told me that its just the actual petals you use!! is that rght?

I would think if you froze them they would keep for a long time....

I think you pick the flower head and then strip off the yellow petals...I think you would just freeze the yellow part.

I saw a few blooming today...wonder if it's worth all the ta-do????

dandelion.jpg

Trig, that is correct, just the yellow pedals.

Sorry to both of you, I can not correctly answer your other questions. My son followed the Group Dandelion thread for a while and was very interested. He picked a bunch and he and I (very little I) made a 1 gallon jug. He wanted to post pics on here and even got a screen name, but I have a problem having a 13 year old publicly partaking in this. However I will say, it will need it's first racking this weekend and smells very good so far.

Thanks, but im still alittle confused about how to get the petals off . the petals around the flower can be pulled off but what about the yellow flower tops do u cut them off or discard them. does anyone have a picture demo of doing this?? or do u pullor cutjust the outside petals. oh brother
smiley29.gif

Awesome dandelion discription is on Jack Kellers Website

He shows a step by step procedure. and it is so easy.

Latest posts

Back