Queen Anne's Lace ?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gowers Choice

Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried to make a batch of Queen Anne's Lace wine? I'm told it's in the same plant family as a carrot.

Same family, with none of the nice flavor. Not anything I would willingly eat. Try a bite, if you like it make wine. Do look it up for edibility first. My mother always told me not to eat them, and after one bite I did not want to!!!! The flowers may make a lighter wine. They make a nice dye for wool and the bees and bugs love them.

Stressbaby said:
What fragrance do you get from it? We have them all over but consider them a weed, so I've never stuck my nose into one. I will try to do that today. The internetz says the fragrance ranges from absent to delicate

Queen Anns Lace smell!!! Sorry, I couln't resist! They have their own smell. Some have more purple in the flowers then others. Smell the same however.

Yes they smell good. But then again I prefure manure smell over anything in a bottle.....

Worth the time for a small trial batch. I'll run with the jelly recipe and boil up tea and go from there,

Well, you could probably throw your birth control pills out, if you use them.
That is an old old infertility flower...

Latest posts

Back