Pumpkin Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MedPretzel

Reaction score
Hello all,

I made a pumpkin wine that is just about ready for bottling, but..... It tastes a little boring. I am not sure what I could do to give it more body, or should I just resign to the fact that it tastes this way? I have had bad experience with cloves, but I would be willing to try it again. This is a 5 gallon carboy which has been sitting there since November. The wine cleared very well on it's own.

I would be interested in hearing what you all think I should be doing to pep it up a little. Thanks!

Martina

If it is way dry, grape concentrate should give it body, but will sweeten it up some. Be sure the wine contains sorbate if you add it. I am thinking Welch's white concentrate, 1 can for the entire batch. Is it possible the wine is boring because of low acid? Put that ph meter to work. It might only need an addition of acid blend. I am thinking pumpkin is way low acid.

smiley25.gif

I added the welch's grape juice yesterday. It seems to have improved the taste tremendously (I had to take a sip!)

Thanks again for your expertise, Hippie!

M.

Pumpkin started to get lots of little bubbles again. I hope it's just CO2, since it's a record 78 degrees in the basement.

Ugh!

Here's a picture of it.
2005-07-25_135436_w_pumpkin.jpg

Latest posts

Back