Primary predicament

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redmust

Junior
Reaction score
Here's the problem... I started a BPV orchard mist on Wednesday in my 8 gallon primary bucket and is going fine. I'm a bonehead for not putting it in my ten gallon because I planned tobottle but need my bucket to do it.

Would it hurt the fermentation, should I rack it to my ten gallon or should I wait? I'm thinking the racking would give it some more oxygen and help it but thought I should ask for some more experienced thoughts. IDon't want to stop it.

Raininghard here today.... good day to wine!

I really don't think it will hurt it to move it into the other bucket. This one seems to ferment pretty fast anyway.

Raining off and on here since last night. Did not stop my son & his friends for leaving to go kayaking. Just changed from going out in the ocean to a local river.

Coolio

I was hoping to hear something like that... I think I'll go for it.

Here's a question for you vcasey, if you did another batch of the BPV would you split it again or do it all with the rum added? or without?

I know it's a personal taste thing but just was curious.

That means the rivers will be running faster with the rain.. never triedit butkayakingdoes sound like fun.

Thanks for the help

This is a 6 Gallon batch right? Primary in a 8 gal is more than large enough for it.

Thanks Tepe

I'm not worried about the size thing, I need my bucket with spout to bottle and made the mistake of startingthe BPV in it instead of my other fermenter (10 gallon) without the spout....

Redmust said:
Coolio

I was hoping to hear something like that... I think I'll go for it.

Here's a question for you vcasey, if you did another batch of the BPV would you split it again or do it all with the rum added? or without?

I know it's a personal taste thing but just was curious.

That means the rivers will be running faster with the rain.. never triedit butkayakingdoes sound like fun.

Thanks for the help

I am planning another batch - only 4 bottles left of the coconut rum half! Next batch will not be split and I'll use 2 bottles of the coconut rum. Still want to make this with the mango mint.

Done... YES

Now on to rack'n two other boys then try my hand at bottling woohoo!

"I am planning another batch - only 4 bottles left of the coconut rum half! Next batch will not be split and I'll use 2 bottles of the coconut rum. Still want to make this with the mango mint."

I figured as much, it does sound good. I'm making this for my wife and a bunch of gals we'll be camping with (on the water in the sun
smiley31.gif
)in a couple months and when I mentioned it to a couple last weekend their eyes lit up BIG... sounds a little foo foo girly to me but I've been wrong before... and if they happy... I happy ;)

Maybe some Captain Morgans?

thanks so much ...

Hey Redmust, if ya like Cpt Morgan give Sailor Jerry a try, very good stuff.

I would try some test samples before pouring in any rum (or other beverage). The lighter rum worked very well with this one and the coconut mixed well with the tropical flavors, don't know how Captain Morgan would work.

Latest posts

Back