Post your labels here

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's awesome! I had that idea of bringing mine to print because you are right ink cartridges are steep and you run out so fast... I'm getting low on ink too. Did u have them printed or color copied?

Printed from a thumb drive. I used to put them on cd, this way is a snap.

Yup I have stuff printed there all the time! We even have the option of just uploading the file to their site and then licking them up when they're done!

Infierno, in Spanish, means Hell. The label is Spanish for Hell Cat.

Inferno is the Italian spelling.

Well now I feel dense. I would have picked up that if I had noticed that it said Gato and not Cat. I looked at it and in my mind it said Cat. lol
That's my dang Spanglish in overdrive.

Ya you're right! I couldn't put my finger on it, but the red looks lipsticky and a little smutty lol I'll try some blues!

What about the spelling of the word Days? vs Daze?

I REALLY like them now! I vote for Daze as a play on words and insight into the outcome of consuming too much!

IMH(Male)O, nothing wrong with a little smutty!;)

Awesome lol! Do you like the all bold or the 2nd one where just the title is bold? I was going to do a google search on a dazed funny looking chap and make a funny label but haven't be tired that far yet!

Ya I made a rather large mess on my floor trying to get my syphon thingy with auto stop working!! I should have practiced with water first! Good thing I made extra! ;)

BTW Bob, how is that White Merlot kit? I came across it last week while I was window shopping for port kits and it looked good...

Not a port, but a blush. It was my first kit and I took 1st place with it in a local wine competition even though it was young - 3 months. After 6-9 months it really became great.

I've found that the top end kits are really worth it. I just finished the WE Eclipse Washington Riesling kit and in a blind taste test, a couple people picked it as #1 or #2 when compared to the top 3 Rieslings from Total Wine's top 3 Riesling list! To me, that's a major compliment.

Not a port, but a blush. It was my first kit and I took 1st place with it in a local wine competition even though it was young - 3 months. After 6-9 months it really became great.

I've found that the top end kits are really worth it. I just finished the WE Eclipse Washington Riesling kit and in a blind taste test, a couple people picked it as #1 or #2 when compared to the top 3 Rieslings from Total Wine's top 3 Riesling list! To me, that's a major compliment.

I know that! lol while I was surfing for port kits I went on the wine ones too lol! Wow sounds great! That merlot one will be on my list of to dos... and congrats on your accomplishments!

I print my own, but we also have a dye-sublimation printer that we use in out photo booths. We do a couple of free photo booth days with our local library with it. Each time they provide us a box of paper as payment. They pretty much supply our paper year round. So my labels are basically free. It's NIIIICE!

I've used photoshop for years and GIMP is a good alternative, Of you Google "free pbotoshop alternatives" you'll find a ton a articles.. this is the one I liked that led me to GIMP
http://gizmodo.com/5974500/10-photoshop-alternatives-that-are-totally-free

I will say, I use photoshop still, I haven't gotten in depth with GIMP, I just have it on my work pc for if I need to do something quick and won't pull out my personal one and boot up cs3...

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Wine Making mobile app

Wow, you guys are impressive!

Can you recommend some tools for a long time photoshop user to help get started making labels?

just realized my previous post was on pg 148 and I was reading 145 ;)... this is what I was responding too....

Wow, you guys are impressive!

Can you recommend some tools for a long time photoshop user to help get started making labels?

I've used photoshop for years and GIMP is a good alternative, Of you Google "free pbotoshop alternatives" you'll find a ton a articles.. this is the one I liked that led me to GIMP
http://gizmodo.com/5974500/10-photoshop-alternatives-that-are-totally-free

I will say, I use photoshop still, I haven't gotten in depth with GIMP, I just have it on my work pc for if I need to do something quick and won't pull out my personal one and boot up cs3...

After years of using different designs, finally decided on one for all.

btls.jpg

I second Carolyn's Very Classy remarks. I believe in the KISS principal and your simple, clean, and consistent labels serve you and your "brand" very well!

Back