Plum wine - Tinned Plums

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MedPretzel

Reaction score
Hello all!

This fall/winter, I dappled a little in tinned fruit wines to see how they taste. I made a tinned peach and a tinned plum wine. As the peach is still in the carboy clearing (will add superduper kleer soon), the plum is in the bottle.

I tasted the plum wine (which originally I thought to be very thin) tonight, and I must say, it is very zinfandelly.
smiley1.gif
My mom will love that. I am posting the label below.
2004%20plum%2005-02%20big%20bottles.jpg

The green in the label is not that obnoxious printed out. It's more of a pea-subdued green.

So far, I am quite happy with the tinned fruit wines I made. Except for the tinned cherries. I bought most of my tinned fruit at Aldi (http://www.aldi.com), which contained no sulfites. The cherries, I bought at Tops Grocery store, and I was not happy with them. I can only suggest one tries making tinned winesto see if they like the taste of that particular type of wine. This one definitely surprised me favorably. I sweetened a little after I stabilized. It tastes very smooth, and this about 6 months into aging.
smiley32.gif

I will try to post the recipe in the next few days. And I will try to post a picture of the bottles as soon as I have a rainy day inside. Right now, the yard/garden needs so much TLC!!!!

MartinaEdited by: MedPretzel

Martina, I think your labels look fantastic, it drives me nuts when I
make a label and then the printer changes the colors when it prints.

Thanks!!!!

I also hate it when the printer seems to make it's own print borders. It seems so easy, even if they have formatted word-documents, but somehow, they never are perfect.

But thank you again, I really appreciate the comment. :)

Latest posts

Back