plastic pop bottles for mist kit???

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We don't use plastic, but we do use soda and beer bottles that take crown caps. They're great for parade watching, etc.

PolishWineP said:
We don't use plastic, but we do use soda and beer bottles that take crown caps. They're great for parade watching, etc.

Boy....that could get sloppy...
smiley4.gif

I have a similar question about the Orchard Breezin' kits - I am wondering if I can bottle them in beer bottles with caps? The size of the container is about right -I think that cork lets the bottles "breath" (I may be wrong on that) but didn't know if that would matter with these wine cooler-style beverages
thanks!

I use beer bottles with beer caps for that style of wine.

Pilsner Urquell bottles?
Another good one to reuse the bottles is Samual Adams Octoberfest.

Since I drink about 1 sixpack of beer a month, I cannot accumulate bottles that way. I am forced to buy them.

Thanks for the feedback - I think I will put some in beer bottles and I also came into some smaller glass Coke bottles that I think Iwill utilize also - Thanks again

Wayne said:
Thanks for the feedback - I think I will put some in beer bottles and I also came into some smaller glass Coke bottles that I think Iwill utilize also - Thanks again

Wayne:

I used brown plastic bottles withplastic screwcaps which I purchased from a LHBS near my home. I used them for Hard Lemonade made recently and I was very pleased with them. I do not think I would do any long term storage with them, but for short term they work very nicely.

I did not bother with labeling or any of the frilly things we are all known to do with our bottles. I knew the bottle would be emptied quickly. You can also reuse them after a thorough cleaning and sanitizing rinse.

Salute!
smiley1.gif

I have seen this in other posts...What does LHBS mean? is it for" Local ( something) Brew Supply?

It stands for Local Home Brew Supply/Shop/Store termini.

Took me a while to figure that one out too.
smiley17.gif

Latest posts

Back