Cellar Craft Pinot Gris - Passport Series 2015

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is all I have done for the last 3 years now. All my reds are from fresh grapes and all my whites are LR/LE kits. I honestly can't remember any that was not very good and most were excellent to exceptional and as far as cost....

Sheese.... they still come out to ~$4 a bottle! :)

I'd definitely think about making all my whites from LE/LR moving forward, or just any high end kit.

The quality of the fruit? This is as good as it gets for a wine kit! LR/LE are all supposed to be superior to what is available all day every day.......

This is the only white kit I have ever made so I guess it is good that I picked the best one!

That said I am curious if anyone happens to have made, for example, the En Primeur Pinot Grigio which is $30 more than the Passport Pinot Gris at my LHBS. Is the vastly cheaper LE really better than the standard ultra premium white offerings?

FWIW local juice buckets are about 2.5X the price of a top end white kit. Given the significantly lower price I will likely end up making a juice bucket to compare some day.

This is the only white kit I have ever made so I guess it is good that I picked the best one!

That said I am curious if anyone happens to have made, for example, the En Primeur Pinot Grigio which is $30 more than the Passport Pinot Gris at my LHBS. Is the vastly cheaper LE really better than the standard ultra premium white offerings?

FWIW local juice buckets are about 2.5X the price of a top end white kit. Given the significantly lower price I will likely end up making a juice bucket to compare some day.

Wow!!
A typical fresh juice bucket runs in the $50~$65 and some other "high end" in the $70~$80.

Wow!!
A typical fresh juice bucket runs in the $50~$65 and some other "high end" in the $70~$80.

My LHBS has En Primeur whites for $138 and some of the CC Showcase whites for as high as $141. Juice buckets here are about $50.

Are you saying you can find En Primeur or CC Showcase kits for $70 or $80?

Back