PH probe storage solution

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gfmonk

Reaction score
I can't believe I just did this but I accidently lost all of the solution to store my PH probe in. The sponge at the bottom of course still is wet. I just ordered more but I was wondering if I should put some distilled water in the bottle until it comes.

Thanks,
Gary

Last edited:
Hey Gary I have done this before. Fish tank stores always have ph probe storage solution too. Wasn't sure if you had one near by that would be easier.

That is what you put into the end cap if you have an all in one meter or you can also use a small beaker with a probe clamp to hold the probe upright.

It is usually a 4M solution of KCL with a pH around 5 that keeps the probe solution (internal) happy and saturated.

what is the storage solution?

That is what you put into the end cap if you have an all in one meter or you can also use a small beaker with a probe clamp to hold the probe upright.

It is usually a 4M solution of KCL with a pH around 5 that keeps the probe solution (internal) happy and saturated.

Thanks - i know how it is used - just didn't know the chemical makeup of it...

Thanks for the replys!! I ordered storage solution from Vinmetrica just because I wasn't sure if there was any difference between manufacturers. It's good to know that you can get it from a fish store. If any one else does this :) you can use the PH 4,01 solution until you can get some more.

Latest posts

Back