PH Meter

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, The saga continues...

"The Scourge" borrowed my PH meter. I, like a trusting idiot, actually expected him to give it back. I should have know better! I guess this is yet another case of nice guys finishing last.

It was a real nice one, but I forget the manufacturer. Since I have to shop for a new one, I thought I'd poll the folks here on what PH meter they prefer. Accurate, Dependable, Low Maintenance, and easy to calibrate would be nice.

MW102 here. You could buy a gun. Then you'd have a gun and your old pH meter :)

Personally, I am rooting for Karma! Comeon Karma, sic him boy!....

:) Karma sure does drag it's feet sometimes!

Maybe she's waiting to give the guy one BIG payback instead of smaller ones along the way.

I am with Bob on this one, Smith & Wesson beats karma every time.

Yeah personally i'm saving for the SC-300, to solve all my problem

I've heard a lot of praise on the MW102 though, wouldnt surprise me if thats what you had before JohnT

I have the Vinmetrica SC-300. Very nice and easy to use unit.

Not when Karma is a 250 pound doberman!
Actually, if you know what you're doing a S&W beats a 250lb dog every time. However in this case it is not worth going to jail over. I'd ask for the equipment back and if he says no I'd sign him up for as much junk mail and auto dialers as I could. Spend a few hours online and sign him up by address, email and phone number for free online offers and every piece of junkmail you could think of. Sign him up for Obama and Romney's campaigns. Anytime you sign up for something that you don't really want to give out your information...give his information. :)

I bought the MW101 thinking the only difference was it is .001 less accurate than the MW102 and was gonna save some money. Now I have to manually calibrate the temp, unlike the nice MW102. Cutting corners bit me in the @$$ again!

Actually, if you know what you're doing a S&W beats a 250lb dog every time. However in this case it is not worth going to jail over. I'd ask for the equipment back and if he says no I'd sign him up for as much junk mail and auto dialers as I could. Spend a few hours online and sign him up by address, email and phone number for free online offers and every piece of junkmail you could think of. Sign him up for Obama and Romney's campaigns. Anytime you sign up for something that you don't really want to give out your information...give his information. :)

HMMMMMMM. Interesting thought! I could get a whole lot of folks to help me out on this as well!

Actually, I have just one big ace up my sleeve..

He still has wine at my house. I light of the stunts he has pulled, perhaps I should just keep his wine. ..

1) signed my name to an e-mail sent to most every one I know..
2) took items out of my winery without my knowledge or consent..
3) kept my PH meter (and stemmer stand) lent to him in good faith,
4) I have storred his wine (and he has used my equipment) for 17 years. If I were to charge him just $20 per month, that works out to $4,080.00.

Whacha guys think? I could simply tell him to send out an appology to everyone (for the e-mail he sent), return all items taken from winery, and I wil then give him his wine?

Last edited:
How much wine and is it good?

Maybe just drink the wine and call it even :)

JohnT,
Obviously this guy isn't as good of a friend as you may want to believe. I would tell him exactly how you feel about all of the crap he has done, you don't have to get mean...there is always time for that, but once you do, there is not taking it back.
Look at it this way, the PH meter cost you $100-$150.00, this is a small price to get someone that takes advantage of you out of your life.
Remember, people can only do to you what you let them. You know how this person is it's your choice to let it continue. Is he really that great of a friend that you can tolerate his nonsense, and do you really think that an apology from this type of person would be genuine?

What's the old saying?

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

Tom

John stay cool. Do not give him any of his wine though until he returns your ph meter and crusher stand. Thatr would be just plain silly. Once you get your goods back, then you can make choices.

John stay cool. Do not give him any of his wine though until he returns your ph meter and crusher stand. Thatr would be just plain silly. Once you get your goods back, then you can make choices.

I agree - don't burn bridges yet - get your items back then decide what to do...

Back