PH Buffer Solution

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flame145

Reaction score
Can I save the buffer solution 4.01 and 7.01 from the .99 cent packets and put the used solution into a small pint size mason jar for re-use ??? Or does the solution go bad after opening the packet ???
Just seems like a waste to calibrate ph meter then throw away the buffer solution if it doesn't go bad.

You can store it for several months and up to a year as long as it is put into a proper container with the least amount of headspace possible and tightly sealed after each use.

Proper container means NO METAL. Glass and or plastic only.

You can store it for several months and up to a year as long as it is put into a proper container with the least amount of headspace possible and tightly sealed after each use.

Proper container means NO METAL. Glass and or plastic only.

I have the original plastic buffer solution bottle that it came in. Can I pour a little out, calibrate ph meter then pour back into original bottle ???

Sure, as long as it can be tightly sealed your good. Some buffer solutions come in those throw away tear off top plastic containers sort of like this. Not much you can do with them after you open them but transfer to something else.

capri-sun.jpg

I have mine in small glass jars wide enough to put the ph meter into to get a reading. I refill from the bigger bottles. The 4.01 goes quicker as that is what I use to store in the cap to keep the probes wet.

It was the best price on PH meters and TDS meters so Hell ya I go there. They also have great prices on tubing. If you break a meter and the must is sitting you cant wait for internet order to arrive

Back