PET wine bottles?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmack

Junior
Reaction score
Is there anyone using these? I know George is selling PET fermenters, and I've read where there are a few wineries that are starting to use them also. From what I can gather, the oxygen barrier they use on them is supposed to stop permeation for around 9 months. This was just on beer bottles, soI think it wouldbe ok to assume they use a thicker layer on wine bottles. I know they will never equal glass, but don't you think they'd be ok for wines that are never going to sit in a bottle for over a year or so?Edited by: jmack

I think the jury will be out for a long long time on that issue jmack but as so much more with wine making, it comes down to a personal preference and what you are comfortable with. Personally, I think they would be fine even though I do prefer glass myself.

I was looking at those PET bottles and lids at a brew shop the other day....Anyone know if those PET bottle caps would fit these problem screw top wine bottles????

Latest posts

Back