pear wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, after filtering its clear. Dark but clear. Looks good and taste OK, but the kit I made tasted just OK at bottling also. I say ok, because after 4 months in the bottle my juice wine got real smooth and everyone loved it. I think this has a little more pear taste.

Now I have a question.

My kit and my all juice pear wines looked almost like a white grape.

This is a lot darker, is this because the fruit had time to brown a little? Or do I have other problems?

dralarms said:
Well, after filtering its clear. Dark but clear. Looks good and taste OK, but the kit I made tasted just OK at bottling also. I say ok, because after 4 months in the bottle my juice wine got real smooth and everyone loved it. I think this has a little more pear taste.

Now I have a question.

My kit and my all juice pear wines looked almost like a white grape.

This is a lot darker, is this because the fruit had time to brown a little? Or do I have other problems?

Could be oxidation. Pears are low in acid. Any fruit that browns after cutting requires a lot of acid blend and Ph monitoring at the start. Oak it and you won't be too disappointed.

Latest posts

Back