Pear wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fruit n Nut

Reaction score
2 1/2 lb Pears

1 1/2 lb sultanas

500 ml pineapple juice

250 ml white grape concentrate

1 1/2 lb sugar

1 tsp pectolase

1 tsp yeast nutrient

1 vitb1 tablet

Hock style yeast

Ferment on the pulp for 4 days, strain to secondary,add sugar in syrup form, ferment out.

The recipe is for a single gallon,for a fuller Pear wine it would be adviseable to use grape juice instead of water.Edited by: Fruit n Nut

Thanks for the recipe. Do you mind if I post it on the recipes page?

No not at all,sorry my mistake,thought this was the recipe page
smiley9.gif

No, mistake. I have a recipes page on the web site for those that do not use the forum and I like to post recipes there as well.I also like to ask permission before I post.

No problem at all,if you want anymore recipes just take a look at my site,Theres only a few on at the moment but if you require any in particular just ask,feel free to post them,just mention where they came from
smiley2.gif

I checked out your site and I will probably "borrow" some of your recipes. BTW, how long has your forum been up and running?

No problem Geocorn, The forum only been up and running for a week but dont worry not here to canvas for members.I only set it up because a few of us got fed up with the "arrogance" from some of the UK sites.I wouldlike to share what i've learn't over the years,and learn more myself from more experienced winemakers afterall I still consider myself a novice after 15yrs there just soo much to take in and hopefully i will find some of it here
smiley1.gif

I know there are different kinds of pear some for eating some for canning dose it make a difference which is used for making wine?

I normally use fresh conference pears,I think thats the correct name, they grow on a tree around the corner from me in an old disused orchard.

Personally i would think that different kinds of Pears would probably give off there own distinctive flavour so in saying that, if you like the Pear that you eat then use the same kind for the wine.

You could also use tinned Pears and swap some of the grape juice for pear juice say 50/50.

The recipe i have submitted is adaptable as are most.Tinkering with the recipe until you find exactly what YOU prefer is all part of the fun

Back