Peach Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BDKS

Reaction score
I may have found a good price on peaches that might work for a wine.

Del Monte® Sliced Peaches - 6 lb. 10 oz.

</span>

$5.38

</span>[*]California [*]Yellow cling peaches in light syrup [*]Quality [*]Picked and packed at the peak of ripeness [*]No preservatives [*]Fat-free food</span>
0002400015268_LG.jpg

Any thoughts on this one? Might be worth starting a 6 gallon batch when I bottle my blackberry freeing up carboy.

Sounds good, I made a wine using pears in light syrup and it came out very nice which reminds I have to look for another Shop Rite Can Can sale. I think they were $.50a can I I used 24 I believe. Anyway, just make sure you have SuperKleer on hand as Peach is a pain to clear and also go heavy on the pectic enzyme for this batch and use a fermenting bag.

Like what Wade said make sure you add the proper amount of pectic. I would mke sure you are in the 1.090 range.

I'm all ears on that one too Bobby. Let us know how it goes for you. I made a small 1 gallon batch of fresh peach wine back in July. Just bottled it last month. I think its going to be good in a few more months. I am holding off tasting it any further since bottling.

F Y I

When I make peach wine I use fresh fruit. What I look forare free StonePeaches. The reason is it's easier to remove the pit. I also think they are sweeter.

Just my 2¢ worth.

Got a friend making wine after she had quit for 15 years...Now her and her sister are making wines like crazy.....

Their favorite to date.....White [Niagara] with Peach [Frozen Concentrate]....Welch's or Old Orchard [don't know for sure]

They love their wines sweet.

some how i don,t think canned peaches are the correct substitute for the real thing however fresh frozen peaches are often found thought the country all the time ,they would be my choice only if i was going to make a 3 gallon batch because i know from experience i can achieve the body and texture along with the flavor it requires,to make a good wine. just my thoughts

Latest posts

Back