peach wine questions

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Poor,
How long did each load of peaches take to extract all the juice? You got a 9 or 11 quart juicer?

Hey Poor,
How long did each load of peaches take to extract all the juice? You got a 9 or 11 quart juicer?

Probably about 45 minutes to one hour max is probably an average time. My basket will hold about 1/4 bushel at a time. As soon as the steam crushed the pulp I would take it off and refill my basket with peaches and add water to the boiler. If you want to get maximum juice from your fruit you can let is sit overnight and you will be surprised how much more juice will drip out of the pulp by morning time. My juicer is a 10 quart stainless steel that I ordered from Lehman's Hardware in Kidron, Ohio in 2000. I have used that one juicer more than I can count since I bought it. As I said earlier, it is stainless steel with an extra thick bottom. One of my prize possessions. I juice everything, peaches, strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, muscadines and apples. I also makes the room smell great while you are juicing fruit. BTW, as you already know, the fruit needs to be totally ripe to get the best results.

Latest posts

Back