Other Peach white wine kit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gwand

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a high end peach white wine kit? Alternatively if anyone has a recipe please let me know. I'd like to make a few gallons to be ready by summer. Thank you.

The only kits I'm aware of are the Orchard Breezin/Island Mist type - I think there's a peach chardonnay. But I wouldn't call those "high end". It's almost as easy (and cheap) to find an orchard in July or August and go pick peaches. Of course, you wouldn't have anything ready to drink until probably next summer.

ETA: As far as recipes, simply use 8+ lbs per gallon. Do NOT add water. If you need liquid, use 4 cans of Welches white grape/peach concentrate per gallon of water. Hit the must with Meta and let it sit for 24 hours with some pectic enzyme. Test and adjust acid/SG and let 'er rip! I use Cotes de Blanc for yeast. Add Bentonite on day three of the ferment. Use paint strainer bags to help with pulp removal. From there, it's just like a kit, but you'll probably rack more - there is a lot of sediment. Once clear, add your sorbate/Meta and sweeten to taste.

Last edited:
I have made the Orchard Breezin about a year ago. I didn't like it at first, 2 sweet :s
After a few months all my non wine drinking friends loved it :dg After a year (last bottle) I have to say it was good.;)

I think if you start it now it will be good by summer:fsh

Back