Peach Score

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duster

Reaction score
I have spent most of the summer so far either scavenging on state land for berries or at the local U-pick.
Finally today I had a gentleman tell me that he had peaches ready and I could have all I wanted, just come and get them :hug
My Wife and I picked, Pitted and peeled just under 50 lbs of fresh juicy peaches. we ended up with 5 gallon and 2 quart freezer bags of prepared fruit. All for the gas to go get them!
Now I just need to decide what Sun Country concentrate I want to mix with them. I'm torn between Riesling, Muscat, or Chenin Blanc.
Any recommendations?

CAM00278.jpg

If thats what you're aiming to do, I'd go with Riesling..

Will marry well with the apple/pear/nectar notes already in the grape juice

I'm not personally familiar with all of those, but I would pick the most neutral as to add body while letting the peach flavor dominate. As I indicated in another thread, I used some Ontario table grapes I had ripe. Typically I would not use them for wine but that is because table grapes typically will not hold it on their own....but in this case I am theorizing they are a perfect choice to form a base on which a fruit wine will build.

Ask me in 6 months and I will tell you if I was right. :)

Latest posts

Back