Vineco Passport Viognier Roussanne Marsanne

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's the deal,I started off calling (fwts) talk to George and was supposed to send him a bottle for tasting ,after asking if I could purchase a fpac. You see I lose the fpac that's part of my problem, then I thiutho about it and made contact with Vince they intern gave me a contact number for LD Carlson who is the main distribution for them ,they intern stated they have very little to do with Vince so I proceeded to recall Vinco in turn recalled LD Carlson'who think told me to tell FWTS to tell Carlson that the bag leaked out and they intern will send you a new one no charge ,so I called George on Monday and talked to an employee left my name again and email address still no reply.what a circle jerk.

Joe,

I am interested in knowing your current SG, can you check it and post it?

This is aready bottle , out of frustration. That' when the whole conversation started, I did try go through the process and proper channels then went to George,Vinco,LD Carlson back to Vinco and finially FWTS. Thanks for the concern but when you get a full six gallon kit at the pricer end and only get 5 gallons going into the secondary something else is not correct.Now may be the thiness of the wine has to do with the fpac not being involved ,it's just puzzling all these kits I've make and none of the higher end kits turned out this way, REALLY..I'm going to contact George one more time.

My thoughts are this.
I placed a bottle in the fridge for a couple of weeks.had my decided to take it to a dinner with my buddies.
I ordered an Alfredo ,pooped the cork and was surprised to see the wines profile had changed
The strawberry was great and the abv. Was spot on , it was still thin but the taste and balance was much better than before.I still would do this one again especially for the volume reduction.didn make any sense.oh well that's how it goes in wine making.

Racked this wine after sitting in carboy since around the end of February (again I got my notes screwed up).
Added 1/4 tsp sulfite and racked back to 5gal carboy, took a tiny sip and liked what I tasted. Will try to bottle tomorrow and know better on its profile but think this is a winner.

Racked this wine after sitting in carboy since around the end of February (again I got my notes screwed up).
Added 1/4 tsp sulfite and racked back to 5gal carboy, took a tiny sip and liked what I tasted. Will try to bottle tomorrow and know better on its profile but think this is a winner.
I'll be interested to hear about it. Mine is in the clearing stage.

Make sure you don't poop any corks. :D

Done! This wine kicks arse, IMHO. I love it.

I know you added some of the fpack up-front, what was your SG prior/after final fpack addition?

This kit ended at 0.994 for me but as said before my numbers are missing...

I know you added some of the fpack up-front, what was your SG prior/after final fpack addition?

This kit ended at 0.994 for me but as said before my numbers are missing...

Didn't take final SG, but about 2/3 of the f-pack went into primary. This wine is fairly dry.

to fpac is basically a sweetner ,I found that out.
Not for flavoring.

so the difference was with the fpac sweeter, without not so much, but by me adding the strawberries it made all the difference in the world...

Attachments

• 029.jpg
    029.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 22
so the difference was with the fpac sweeter, without not so much, but by me adding the strawberries it made all the difference in the world...

Looks like you made it a rose wine.

Latest posts

Back